COURSE OBJECTIVES OF THE ATP TRAINING, INC IATA ACCREDITED DANGEROUS GOODS TRAINING FOR IATA CATEGORY 8 PERSONNEL
- Understand the structure and layout of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, including its relationship to the legal authority of the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Understand the General Philosophy and the Limitations of the IATA DGR
- Learn when dangerous goods are permitted to be carried by passengers and crew
- Recognize each of the nine hazard classes of Dangerous Goods through package marks and labels and understand the dangers that they present while being handled and processed in transportation
- Understand the proper protocol for the storage of dangerous goods in air transportation and when special handling and storage practices must be considered (i.e. “Keep Away From Heat”; Class 1 explosives)
- Learn the correct loading procedures for packages and overpacks containing Dangerous Goods (e.g. pallet buildup; Cargo Aircraft Only; additional requirements of USG-13)
- Recognize situations when undeclared Dangerous Goods may be presented in a consignment offered for transportation by air.
- Understand the purpose of Pilot Notification and how to provide Notification-to-Pilot-in-Command (NOTOC) to include the additional requirements of the United States as required under USG-13.
- Understand the Emergency Response Requirements of the IATA DGR