COURSE OBJECTIVES OF THE ATP TRAINING, INC IATA ACCREDITED DANGEROUS GOODS TRAINING FOR IATA CATEGORY 9 PERSONNEL
- Understand the structure and layout of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, including its relationship to the legal authority of the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Understand the General Philosophy and the Limitations of the IATA DGR
- Learn when dangerous goods are permitted to be carried by passengers and crew
- Recognize each of the nine hazard classes of Dangerous Goods through package marks and labels and understand the dangers that they present while being offered for transportation as checked or carry on baggage
- Recognize situations when undeclared Dangerous Goods may be presented in a consignment offered for transportation by air
- Understand the purpose of Pilot Notification and how to provide Notification-to-Pilot-in-Command (NOTOC)
- Understand the Emergency Response Requirements of the IATA DGR